Risk Factors of Leukemia
Leukemia can be categorized into 5 different types, and each type has different risk factors. Some of the risk factors are below. For risk factors associated with a specific type of leukemia, please visit the American Cancer Society. Having a risk factor does not necessarily mean that you will get leukemia.
- Exposure to high levels of radiation
- Certain chemical exposures, such as, but not limited to, Benzene
- Certain viral infections
- Certain inherited syndromes
- Certain chemotherapy drugs
- Having an identical twin with ALL